12 April 2022
- UK labour market report suggested further tightness, but real regular wage growth firmly in negative territory and so retail spending fell back
- Japanese producer price inflation came in above expectations in March, with upwards pressures from higher commodity prices and the weaker yen
11 April 2022
- UK GDP fell short of expectations in February as manufacturing bottlenecks weighed on output and the slowdown in vaccination activity partly offset a rebound in tourism-related activity
- Despite ticking higher in March, Chinese consumer price inflation remained subdued at just 1.5%Y/Y; PPI inflation also fell back to an eleven-month low, raising expectations that the PBoC will provide further support to flagging domestic demand this week
- US and UK CPI inflation figures for March set to jump to new 40-year and 30-year highs respectively
08 April 2022
- Japanese consumers the most downbeat since the start of 2021 amid higher price expectations; economy watchers were given a boost by the lifting of Covid-related restrictions with the headline sentiment index up to a three-month high
- UK report on jobs continued to flag ongoing labour supply and demand imbalances which drove permanent starting salaries to a survey high.
07 April 2022
- Japanese consumption declined for third consecutive month; BoJ consumer opinion survey suggests households’ financial situations will continue to deteriorate.
- German industrial production ekes out modest increase in February.
- ECB account from the March Governing Council meeting to offer insight into debate on the expected economic impact of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.
06 April 2022
- Chinese Caixin services PMI plummets to its lowest level since February 2020 to signal sharp contraction amid rising Covid cases and tighter restrictions.
- Euro area PPI inflation set to rise to new series high; construction PMIs likely to suggest ongoing expansion in sector at end-Q1.
- Fed’s minutes of its March policy meeting should provide further plenty of information on the FOMC’s plans to reduce its balance sheet.